Thursday, February 4, 2016

Portraits and Self-Portraits

Best Portrait Tips

Move Your Subject Out of their Comfort Zone

Using Reflective Surfaces


1. What are the characteristics of an environmental portrait?
An environmental portrait has an interesting background that is not simplistic.

2. What is the difference between an environmental portrait and a casual portrait?

A casual portrait focuses mainly on the subject and an environmental portrait has equal focus on both the subject and the background.

3. What will you need to do to get a really good self-portrait?

I will need to find somewhere that I feel has a lot to do with my personality, and I will also have to find a way to make the picture reflect who I am.

4.  When you go take these pictures, and you will eventually turn in one of each, a portrait and a self-portrait, describe to me what you would like to do and who you would like to take a portrait of and where you might shoot these images.

I would take my self portrait on the hiking trail behind Bowie near the dried up creek. I would like to take the portrait of my friend Siena, near the bee hives near the track.


I like this Environmental Portrait because there is a lot going on in the photo, and there subject in the photo has an interesting expression on his face, making the portrait more interesting. 



This is my favorite self portrait that I saw, because there is a lot of emotion within the image.


I like this casual portrait, because the angle it is taken at makes it more interesting.






No comments:

Post a Comment