Monday, May 9, 2016

CE 6.1

1. 56% of people rejected prop 1.

2. They are planning to allow a license holder to carry a semi-automatic handgun on campus, with a chambered round f ammunition.

3. They believe it is a bad place to hold him, because it is a less secure prison and is in a territory  controlled by El Chapo.

4. Petcube is a smart camera that allows users to watch their pets in real time, and talk and play with them remotely using laser pointer.

5. Nyquist won the Kentucky Derby.


I use Lyft often when I am going around town, because I don't have a car of my own, and the city bus won't necessarily take you to the exact location you want. I found that it was a good experience, because the drivers are usually very friendly. Ride sharing is definitely a good thing for the Austin Community, because it is a safe way to get home if you are stranded somewhere. I think that a taxi company is much more expensive, and they usually take much longer, because they are not always in the area. With Lyft, the longest you may have to wait for a ride is 15 minutes (at least in my experience). Although I love using Lyft, I believe that it needs to remain safe. That being said, they should be held to very strict safety regulations. Although I haven't experienced an unsafe ride, I have a friend who was picked up by a driver who was under the influence, and because there was no way for Lyft to see something like that, the situation couldn't be prevented. My friend ended up calling another ride and reporting the driver, but she doesn't know if the driver was fired or not. Lyft needs to be held responsible for their drivers, along with other ride sharing companies. They need to keep the passengers/customers safe, and ensure that nothing bad happens. This is why, even though I am an avid user of Lyft, I am glad that Prop one was rejected, because if Lyft isn't ready to make their rides safer, they shouldn't be allowed to operate.

No comments:

Post a Comment